Friday, November 29, 2013

Food for New Mothers

A friend recently had her second baby and another friend put together a meal train for her. I am so in love with this idea and was thrilled to be a part of it. 

MamaFood

I quickly decided to make her a favorite dish of mine, Weelicious Baked Shells but because her family are not big meat eaters, I subbed the turkey for spinach. I love this dish because it transports well, freezes well and makes a large batch without much effort. Additionally I was able to make it the day before when I had time without worrying if it would lose freshness. I also bought a bagged salad (because hey I am 35 weeks pregnant and tired!), some bread rolls and made some lactation cookie dough for fresh baked cookies. 


Lactation Cookies

I decided to include a rice bag warmer (look for my Pinterest post next week on this) as a small present to my friend. Breastfeeding does a number on your neck and back so I'm hoping a warm rice bag warmer will help relieve some of the tightness. 


Untitled

What do you like to include in food deliveries to new parents? 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat