In just under 3 weeks, I'll be heading to the hospital to have a baby. Since babies are unpredictable and sometimes come early, I decided to pack my hospital bag now. This time around, I didn't just have to pack my bag, I also had to pack Molly's bag for her visit to Grandpa and Grandma's.
For my bag, here is what I've included:
- Baby's Birth Certificate Form (pre-filled out)
- Warm Socks
- Lip Balm, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner and soap
- Camera Cord
- iPhone Charger
- iPad Charger
- Going Home Outfit for me
- Nursing Tanks (2)
- Going Home Outfit for Chicken Nugget
- Molly's Gift to Chicken Nugget (+ gift bag)
- Chicken Nugget's Gift to Molly (+ gift bag)
- Chicken Nugget's Blanket
- Breast Feeding Herbs
- Pump Supplies
- Extra Hat + Outfit for Chicken Nugget
- Car Seat (this has been installed in the car already. Molly yells, "Baby Seat" every time we get in the car now. She is going to be excited to a baby in there soon.)
I still need to pack:
- Photo ID
- Knitting! (a woman can dream)
I haven't included much in the way of clothing for myself as I like to just wear what the hospital provides. Birth is a messy process and they can do the laundry. I'll be busy snuggling a baby!
For Molly's bag, I still need to pack most of her essentials but here is what I've included so far:
- Snacks and Pouches - Grandma and Grandpa will feed her just fine but I like to provide them with snacks in case of toddler meltdowns.
- Disposable Diapers - again, why make my parents take care of cloth diapers when they are already doing me a huge favor!
- Kindle, Kindle Charger and Headphones - This is the WHY WON'T THE CHILD SLEEP KIT where I give my parents permission to hand her the Kindle, put on a cartoon and let her watch it until she goes to sleep because you have to do what you have to do when kids are out of their usual routine.
- Toys and Books
- Eating and Drinking Utensils
- Booster Seat for eating
Still need to pack:
- Winter Coat, Gloves and Hat
- Clothing (I put her clothing in separate ziplock bags and label them. My Dad has taken her to church in her PJs because he didn't know they were PJs so I try to help them out)
- Favorite Blanket and Doll