Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Packing the Hospital Bag

Hospital Bag

In just under 3 weeks, I'll be heading to the hospital to have a baby. Since babies are unpredictable and sometimes come early, I decided to pack my hospital bag now. This time around, I didn't just have to pack my bag, I also had to pack Molly's bag for her visit to Grandpa and Grandma's. 

For my bag, here is what I've included:

  • Baby's Birth Certificate Form (pre-filled out)
  • Warm Socks
  • Lip Balm, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner and soap
  • Camera Cord
  • iPhone Charger
  • iPad Charger
  • Going Home Outfit for me
  • Nursing Tanks (2)
  • Going Home Outfit for Chicken Nugget
  • Molly's Gift to Chicken Nugget (+ gift bag)
  • Chicken Nugget's Gift to Molly (+ gift bag)
  • Chicken Nugget's Blanket
  • Breast Feeding Herbs
  • Pump Supplies
  • Extra Hat + Outfit for Chicken Nugget
  • Car Seat (this has been installed in the car already. Molly yells, "Baby Seat" every time we get in the car now. She is going to be excited to a baby in there soon.)

I still need to pack: 

  • Photo ID
  • iPad
  • iPhone
  • Camera
  • Knitting! (a woman can dream)
  • Make-Up
  • Hairbrush

I haven't included much in the way of clothing for myself as I like to just wear what the hospital provides. Birth is a messy process and they can do the laundry. I'll be busy snuggling a baby! 

For Molly's bag, I still need to pack most of her essentials but here is what I've included so far:

  • Snacks and Pouches - Grandma and Grandpa will feed her just fine but I like to provide them with snacks in case of toddler meltdowns.
  • Disposable Diapers - again, why make my parents take care of cloth diapers when they are already doing me a huge favor!
  • Kindle, Kindle Charger and Headphones - This is the WHY WON'T THE CHILD SLEEP KIT where I give my parents permission to hand her the Kindle, put on a cartoon and let her watch it until she goes to sleep because you have to do what you have to do when kids are out of their usual routine.
  • Toys and Books
  • Eating and Drinking Utensils
  • Booster Seat for eating

Still need to pack:
  • Carseat
  • Winter Coat, Gloves and Hat
  • Clothing (I put her clothing in separate ziplock bags and label them. My Dad has taken her to church in her PJs because he didn't know they were PJs so I try to help them out)
  • Favorite Blanket and Doll

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat