Thursday, June 27, 2013

8 in 2013 - Smitten Holiday Advent Garland Mittens

IMG_6611

I've been diligently working along on my Smitten Holiday Advent Garland Mittens and I am almost halfway done. I have 11 completed mittens and one on the needles. I am. however, questioning my original plan for the color combinations.

IMG_6618

Originally I planned to knit four mittens in each of the following color combinations -Red, Green, White, Red/White Stripe, Green/White Stripe, Red/Green Stripe to end up with 24 mittens. But now I'm wondering if I should knit six in Red, Green, White and two each in Red/White Stripe, Green/White Stripe, Red/Green Stripe.

IMG_6619

I posed this question to a knitting friend who gave me even more ideas! She suggested six of each stripe combination and four of each of the solids. Then in true creative fashion, her husband told me to mock-up the design which only led me to more ideas.

IMG_6617

In the end, I've decided to pose the question to my readers in a simple blog poll. Please vote and let your friends know! I need to make a decision and I need your help.

4 comments:

Allison said...

My idea: 6 ea of the solids and 3 ea red/white and green/white, skipping red/green completely.

clarie said...

skip the red/green stripe. add some with polka dots: red with white dots; green with white dots

Rebecca Mongrain said...

Alison - Love this idea!

Clarie - Polka Dots, you say? I love this idea too!

Damien said...

Hi,

We came across your site reebeckisupergirl.blogspot.com and really liked the content and layout. I am very keen on discussing contextual advertising on your site. Adbeans.com are a publishing network and work with many of the top publishers all of whom have sites which publish great unique content such as your own.
Please email me back if you would be interested in finding out more and I will send you a follow-up email outlining the opportunity in more detail.
I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Best wishes,
Damien Cvetanovski

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat