Friday, June 14, 2013

Make Your Own Trail Mix

IMG_6301

I love trail mix as a snack. It's portable. It's full of goodness and lasts a long time. I, however, often get bored by the selection in the store so I like to get creative and make my own special mixes.

IMG_6254

The best part of making your own trail mix is that you can put in your favorite ingredients and leave out the ones you don't like as much.

IMG_6283

For instance, I am really into yogurt raisins right now so this mix is a bit heavy on the yogurt raisins. What are your favorite trail mix ingredients? Are you as addicted as I am or do you just save it for camping?

IMG_6282

Make Your Own Trail Mix
Makes 5 cups

Ingredients
1 cup toasted oats
2 cups nuts of your choice
1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
2 cups dried fruit of your choice
1 cup yogurt raisins

Directions
1. Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
2. Place into mason jars and store for up to a month in a cool, dark place. I like to put about a cup each into 5 jars so that the trail mix stays fresher longer.
3. Enjoy!

IMG_6287

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat