Thursday, June 06, 2013

Pinterest Thursday - Coconut Banana Bread


I decided to take on a baking Pin this week because honestly I wanted to bake and I had some bananas that were in dire need of being used before they went to the great compost heap in the sky. I luckily had all the ingredients for this Pin in my cupboard and Molly took a nice long nap so I was able to bake some treats for her afternoon snack. 


I started by gathering my ingredients. The recipe calls for one loaf pan but I decided that mini muffins would be more fun so I greased up (using coconut oil) my mini muffin tin. I ended up having enough batter for mini muffins and a small loaf though. 



I decided to add chocolate chips to the recipe because you can not go wrong with chocolate chips. And I was right, they only made the bread more yummy!


Here is the recipe which is delicious and I highly recommend that you make RIGHT NOW! 


Makes 1 loaf
Ingredients
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups self rising flour (use all purpose and increase baking soda to 1 tsp)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 medium overripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
1 cup light coconut milk
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (or shredded coconut)
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
  2. In the bowl using a wooden spoon mix the oil and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
  3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the mashed banana and the coconut milk.
  4. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients alternately with the wet ingredients. Start and end with the dry mixture. Mix until just combined. Stir in the flaked coconut.
  5. Pour the batter to the prepared baking pan.
  6. Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour and 15 minutes, when a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat