and while it was DELICIOUS! I knew I had to get back on the low-carb wagon and keep going. I remembered a salad that the Blue Star used to have on their menu. It was a salad that I got whenever I went to knit night and then one night, it was gone. It combined my love for a good buffalo chicken and a salad which made it the perfect meal for me! So I decided to recreate the salad at home and boy am I glad I did. I've had this salad three times this week and each time, I've been the happiest I could be.
I made a huge batch of the buffalo chicken and then decided to make two Salad in a Jars so I could enjoy my salad for lunch later in the week.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Makes 3-4 Salads
1/2 cup Marie's Chipotle Creamy Ranch Dressing
1 cup shredded carrots, cabbage and broccoli slaw
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cherry tomatoes
8 Chicken Thighs
1/2 bottle Frank's Buffalo Sauce
4 green onions, sliced
1 cup pickled onions
1 cup roasted baby carrots
4 cups of lettuce (I used endive and mixed greens)
- Bake the chicken thighs with Frank's Buffalo Sauce at 350F for approx 20 minutes.
- Roast baby carrots in a cast iron pan at 350F for approx 20 minutes with coconut or olive oil.
- While the chicken and carrots are baking, slice and dice the rest of the ingredients.
- Start layering the salad, starting with the lettuce. Add the chicken last and drizzle with dressing.
- For the Salad in the jars, put the dressing on the bottom, then add the ingredients in the order listed above, finishing with the lettuce.