Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pinterest Thursday - Mini Bean Bags


I found this pin and thought this would be an easy project full of fun for Molly. Spoiler Alert: I have to say though, these bean bags were much too MINI! I made two of them before giving up and making a bigger one. I'll be using the rest of my cut-out fabric to make big bean bags. 

BeanBagSupplies

I gathered my Bean Bag supplies which I luckily already had in the house. I even had some old beans that I bought about 5 years ago and sadly never used. So they were perfect for this kind of project. 

BeanBagInterfacing

After cutting out my fabric, I ironed them onto interfacing. I was a bit overzealous with the fabric cutting and have a pile of them now. 

BeanBagFabric

Next I folded them over and sewed two edges before stuffing them with the beans. This is when I started to notice exactly how wee they were turning out. 

BeanBagBeans

I ended up experimenting and made a larger bean bag. I'll be making the rest of the bean bags in the larger size as they are 1) easier to make and 2) actually useful! I also need to figure out a nice and easy way to hand-sew the edge once the beans are in the bag. I'm not thrilled with the look of the one I made. 

BeanBagfinish

BeanBagsmall

BeanBagbig


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat