Monday, September 16, 2013

TKGA Master Knitting 1 Check-In

Swatching, Swatching, Swatching! That's my new chant. I feel like I'm swatching all the time. 

I've completed 4 of the 16 swatches so far. I am not 100% that any of these are finalists but I decided to move on and start working on the remainder of the swatches before circling back to see if I need to redo any of my work. If I don't keep plowing ahead, I have a strong feeling I'd get in a cycle of analysis paralysis and I'd never make any progress!

Swatch #1 

swatches-2

The directions for this swatch are to knit a swatch with K2P2 ribbing for a few inches and then complete in Garter Stitch. I've done this one a few times because I had some issues figuring out how much Cascade 220 grew when blocked. I think I have it figured out now as this swatch is now the correct size. 

Swatch #2

swatches-4

This swatch's directions call for a K1P1 ribbing  for a few inches and then finish in stockinette stitch. I did this swatch first because it was easier to figure out how my yarn reacted to blocking. Again, I did a few of these before finally saying this swatch was fine. I tried a few different blocking methods on the other swatches before settling on my current method. 

Swatch #3

swatches

This has to be my least swatch! This swatch is done in seed stitch which sounds easy until you realize how hard it is to get the stitches just right. I have a strong feeling that I'll be doing this one again. I feel like there are holes. I might be imagining things or not. Either way, I'll review this one later. 

Swatch #14

swatches-3

This swatch has to be done in the same yarn as swatches 1, 2, and 3 so I decided to tackle it before the other ones. This is a horseshoe cable and I loved knitting it. I only knitted it twice and I really like it. 

Whew! I still have 12 more swatches to attack and I hope they aren't as hard as these have been. I know most of my questions regarding yarn have been answered so I'm feeling a wee more confident. I also need to get down my thoughts for the blocking report and answer a few questions. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat