Last time I was at Costco, I bought 2 lbs of dates. In my defense, they looked delicious and I was hungry! However, 2 lbs of dates is a lot of dates so I got to thinking about how best to use them. Molly loves, loves, loves food with dates in them. She goes especially nuts over Lara Bars and I've been planning to make some homemade Lara Bars but just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Today as I was staring at the 2 lbs box of dates, I looked around and saw that I also had some walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds and coconut which all work together for a delicious snack. I was also reminded of the Apple Oat bars I made for Molly earlier this month and so I got to mixing.
Coconut Date Snack Balls
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (70 balls)
- 2 lbs Madjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1-7 oz bag of coconut flakes
1. Puree the dates, walnuts, chia seeds and flax seeds in a food processor until smooth. The mixture will begin to form a giant ball.
2. Take 1 Tablespoon of the date mixture and roll into a ball. This is super sticky!
3. Spread the coconut flakes on a plate and roll the date balls in the flakes.
4. Serve to your favorite munchkin and watch them ask over and over for more.
5. Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or covered on the counter for up to one week.
Powered by Recipage