Saturday, February 21, 2015

January/February Book Report

Untitled

I love reading and I've been making more time to read this year. I thought it would be fun to share my latest reads with you. I try to read every night before bed for at least 15 minutes. I find that it calms me and I love discovering new stories. 


The Curious Case of the Copper Corpse: A Flavia de Luce Story by Alan Bradley I love all Flavia de Luce tales and so was extra delighted to find this short story about her. Flavia is a unique little girl who busies herself solving mysteries around her English manor and town. I'm looking forward to reading the next Flavia book, As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust.



I jumped into Longbourn by Jo Baker without even reading the dust jacket. I liked the cover and was looking for something to read when I picked this book up. As I read the book, it felt super familiar. Then I realized this was the tale of the servants from Pride and Prejudice. I think I liked this story even more than Pride and Prejudice. I have Return to Longbourn on my reading list as I can not get enough of this story. 


Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell was both utterly heartbreaking and utterly up-lifting.  You cheer Eleanor as she triumphs over life and your heart lifts with Park as he discovers his first love. I was enthralled with the comic book and musical mentions. 


I loved, loved, loved this last book. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion is a story about Don Tillman who embarks on the Wife Project to find a wife but meets Rosie along the way. I'm beyond excited to read The Rosie Effect next. 

I'm currently reading, All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr which is a National Book Award Finalist about a blind French girl and a German boy working to survive the destruction of World War II as their paths collide in France. What are you reading? What else should be on my reading list? 
Post a Comment
 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat