Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Color Game

Untitled

Molly has been having a hard time learning her colors or rather, honestly, she doesn't really care about her colors. Last week, I saw a fun way to teach colors on Instagram and this weekend, we tried it out. It was such a hit that I knew I had to share our new "game" with you. 

Untitled

I told Molly to find things around the house that are a particular color and off she went. I started by selecting a block from Maggie's block set in green and Molly hunted from there. Once she felt she had found all the green items in the house, we moved on to another color. 

Untitled

I love this game because you can do it anywhere and it is one of the few things that Molly plays that does not create a HUGE mess. She's very good at messes. The other benefit is that slowly but surely Molly is starting to care about colors which means she is learning about them too. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat