Tuesday, October 01, 2013

22 Months with Molly Pop

22 Months

*Sniff* 22 Months! I can't believe what a big girl you are. You are so independent and like to do everything on your own. Your language is exploding with new words and sentences everyday and you are so coordinated.

1st Day of Toddler Preschool

You started Co-Op Preschool this month and you LOVE it! You think the other kids are great and cry every Wednesday when we walk home from school. I'm so happy that you enjoy it but am so sad that you cry all the way home from co-op.

co-op playing

We went to Manzanita, Oregon for a long weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Burgess. You also had a chance to spend time with Granny Annie which was a delight! 

GrannyAnnie

You started pushing boundaries and testing limits even more this month. I've been reading Positive Discipline which is helping me guide you as you test boundaries and look for trouble. I like to think of you as being bold, confident and assertive, you know, like your Mom. 

I think someone is taking selfies!

This month we also had many, many visits to the zoo, Greenlake and all the parks we could cram in which was good as the weather has gone from beautiful, warm Summer to cold, blustery Fall in the blink of an eye. We are all starting to hunker in for the Winter. You also discovered a love for Curious George and love watching him on TV. You bring me the remote and ask for "Monnnney" which is adorable but because I don't think you should watch TV all day, I do my best to limit your TV time. That monkey is sure curious though! 

7:55 a.m. Daddy helps to work and Molly is sad to see him go. #adayinthelifephotochallenge

This is almost the end of my monthly letters to you (two more to go) and soon you'll be a big sister instead of an only child. I get a bit teary thinking about our time together coming to an end but I'm also so excited to watch you teach your little sister the ways of the world. She's lucky, she'll have a buddy from birth. You've had to wait two years to have a buddy at home. I think you are going to LOVE her and if not, I hope you learn to love her. We have less than 89 days left until life changes forever so let's soak up this time and make it memorable. We love you so much, Miss Molly Pop! It's so much fun having you in our lives! 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat