Friday, October 04, 2013

Fall Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies

Breakfast Cookies for Baking

I'm in a serious Pumpkin mode over here. I just love this time of year and I love pumpkin so I'm in heaven with all the pumpkin-ness swirling around me. I am also in angst since I can't have so many of the delicious pumpkin baked goods out there. I'm looking at your Pumpkin Old Fashioned Glazed Donut from Top Pot. *sigh* Next year, next year I'll have my pumpkin baked goods. 

Breakfast Cookies4

I decided to make Molly some breakfast cookies. They are great as a breakfast item or as a quick snack. They are especially awesome if you are like Molly and are not quite ready to eat first thing in the morning but know that you need to eat something before your day of crazy, running around starts. I've also found that I've been able to enjoy one of these with some protein without my blood sugar numbers spiking. 
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies

by Rebecca Mongrain
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (15 cookies)
  • 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup raisins
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mash the bananas with the pumpkin puree.
3. Slowly add the maple syrup before adding the remaining ingredients to your bowl. Mix throughly.
4. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie mixture onto a baking sheet lined with a silipat mat (or parchment paper). Smash the cookies with the back of a measuring cup to flatten.
5. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes and cool on wire rack.
6. Enjoy with a glass of milk or a hot beverage.
Powered by Recipage

Breakfast Cookies

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat