Thursday, January 22, 2015

On Parenting and Life

Untitled

Not to brag but I feel like I'm finally hitting my stride with parenting again. That first year with a new baby is just hard, so very hard and last year was harder than most for me. My Dad got sick, my baby wouldn't latch, I had a very energetic two-year old, my husband took on more responsibilities at work which meant a bit more of the home responsibilities were placed on my shoulders, I began taking care of my Mom and life happened. I'm coming out of the darkness of last year and seeing the light. I'm in no way through the tunnel; I still have a very long way to travel but I can see the light. 

Untitled

I'm shifting into my responsibilities. I'm adjusting with my role as a Mom to two delightful girls and a caretaker for my Mom while also getting a bit more selfish. I took a weekend trip to visit my BFF just before Christmas for my birthday and I'm going back down again in February to meet her new little guy. I'm exercising again and god save anyone who gets in the way of my workouts. I'm enforcing daily quiet time for the non-napping 3 year old so I can write. I'm getting up early on non-workout days to focus on necessary tasks before the kids get up (this part is hard because sometimes they sense that I'm awake and get up). I'm making time for my hobbies. I'm knitting every single day and reading a few pages of a book. I'm trying to stay grounded. 

Untitled 

I love staying home with my kids. I love being a part of their daily lives and taking them on adventures. I'm hoping that we'll have many more adventures this year now that Maggie is getting old enough to appreciate them. I do struggle with the non-stop attention my kids seem to require but I know that while the days are long, the years are so very short. Every day seems a bit like Groundhog's Day while also feeling like everything always changes, always. 

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat