Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 3 - barre3 Challenge Check-In!

It was busy day and I was still tired from being out late last night watching Weezer, so I skipped my barre3 studio class. But I got my #barre3challenge 10 min workout in while the kids were playing in the tub. #winning

Hello, my name is Rebecca and I'm a barre3 addict! I'm actually leaping out of bed at 5:15 a.m. because I get to go workout. Seriously guys! LEAPING OUT OF BED! OK, part of that leaping might be that my children have not been sleeping well and keep ending up in our bed and I might be running away from their kung-fu kicks but let's not factor that into this situation. 

I felt the addiction on Sunday when I missed my workout because I had been out way too late the night before. Even though I needed the sleep, I still wanted my workout! That night I did a 10 minute barre3 workout while the girls were taking a bath. Molly didn't like how I was doing my plies and got out of the tub to school me. She's been taking ballet (she's had three classes) so she is an expert on plies.  

Untitled

I really felt the addiction when my instructor told me this morning that she planned a lot of carousel moves for us. I got a little excited. The excitement level did go down a tiny bit when my legs were burning after 100 billion carousel tiny moves. 

I'm also loving my challenge sheet where I get to stick stickers on my calendar when I've completed a workout. I'm considering using stars on a calendar when the challenge is over because I don't plan to stop my barre3 workouts! In fact, I'm planning on signing up for a 3 month unlimited membership to keep on keeping. I'm also thinking about running and how I want to work that into my life again. I probably won't start on that until Spring though as I need to continue to rebuild my fitness level and I want it to be warmer!

I've completed two workouts of my four this week with three more scheduled (Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday). I'm planning on doing the 10-minute workout on Thursday and Friday to get through the end of the week slump. I was disappointed that this week's recipe doesn't fit into Whole30 but I found another one that I think is going to be awesome - Winter en Papillote. I'll let you know how it goes. Oh, and those Chocolate Truffles were amazing! I still can't believe they were Whole30!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat