Monday, January 12, 2015

Planning the 2015 Garden

gardencarrots

Last year, I had my first garden in this house and it was awesome! I have high hopes for this year's garden and I'm hoping to expand it from just a Summer garden to a Spring, Summer and Fall garden. 

gardenbefore1

In preparation for this year's garden, I should have prepped the beds last Fall but to be honest my life was too chaotic for me to even get laundry done in an appropriate time manner so the garden was thrown aside. Today though was a gorgeous day and the kids were hopped full of energy so we headed out to the backyard so they could run around and I could work on the garden. 

gardenbefore2

I spent some time pulling out the dead tomato plants, the failed broccoli and the never took off spinach. Then I raked out the dirt and swept up some of the leaves. I didn't spend too much time sweeping up things because March is still due to come along with its wind. 

gardenafter1

Now I just need to figure what I want to plant in my Spring garden and start planting. I'm also planning to hit up the Tilth Plant sale in the spring to get a load of plants. I'm not sure if I want to start seeds this year or not because to be honest, I'm not sure I'm interested in that much effort. 

gardenafter3

gardenafter2

Bright #fmsphotoaday I cleared the Summer garden today and found some carrots that slipped past Harvest time.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat