Friday, January 23, 2015

Poisson en Papillote

fishparchment8

The barre3 challenge recipe this week was not Whole30 approved but I still wanted to do a barre3 recipe in order to place another sticker on my sheet (I'm a bit sticker obsessed, like my preschooler). I did a search and found a delicious looking fish recipe. It reminded me of a classic french recipe that I had seen on a few paleo sites, Poisson en Papillote (basically, fish cooked in paper). I combined a few techniques, ingredients and went from there. 

fishparchment1


I really wasn't expecting much from this dish. I thought, ok some veggies and some fish and I'll choke it down but instead it was soooo good that I savored every bite and took longer to eat than normal. I was so sad when I took my last bite. 

fishparchment2


This is such a simple way of cooking a delicious meal and can be easily expanded for more dinner guests. The parchment makes a splashing display at any future dinner party. 

Poisson en Papillote

by Rebecca Mongrain
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Ingredients (1 serving)
  • 1 sheet parchment paper, cut into approximately 12x12-inch sheets
  • 1/2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil + extra for brushing
  • 1 6-oz. piece of fish (salmon, cod, halibut)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 leek, white part only, finely chopped
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon tarragon
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 handful spinach
  • 1/2 lime, thinly sliced
Instructions
Preheat oven to 425F.
Cut each parchment sheet into a large heart by folding in half and cutting the exterior of the half-heart shape, using most of parchment sheet. Place the open heart shape on a cutting board, brush the right side with coconut oil.
Place the fish filet on top of the parchment paper and top with salt and pepper.
Start layering on the remaining of the ingredients starting with the spinach, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms and leeks on top of the fish. Top with the tarragon, cilantro and two slices of lime.
Top the fish with 1/2 Tablespoon of coconut oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
Fold the packet into a half-heart shape and use a tight, overlapping rolling technique, folding over the previous fold’s edge to create a seal in order to ensure steaming.
Transfer the packet to a baking sheet and bake for 15 -22 minutes until the packet puffs up.
Powered by Recipage
fishparchment6

fishparchment7

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat