Saturday, January 31, 2015

The End of a Whole30 Journey

Untitled

Back on January 1st, Scott and I embarked on our Whole30 journey. Along the way, we gained and lost so many things. We lost weight. We gained energy. We lost our sluggishness. We gained confidence. Scott learned that he liked taking lunch to work, something he plans to continue.

Untitled

On the whole, Scott and I found Whole30 to be extremely beneficial for our health and our diet. We had gotten really off track. There were milkshakes because the kids were difficult. Cheesecake because we were happy. Cookies as an afternoon boost. On January 1st, we cut all that out and surprisingly it wasn't that hard. The hardest part was that our meals began to feel boring. They were delicious but after a few weeks, vegetables and meat get boring. 

Untitled

I lost 10 lbs on Whole30 while Scott lost 6. We still have more weight to lose but this was an encouraging start. I was honestly surprised that I lost more weight than Scott. I suspect that I lost more weight because I've been attending 5 barre3 classes a week. 

Untitled

I'm excited to have more flexibility in my diet but I know that we'll be sticking to the core of Whole30. More vegetables, more fruit are good things for our diet. I'll be slowly adding back in dairy, grains, gluten and legumes. Today I'm adding in dairy because I have really, really, really, really missed cream in my coffee. Later this week, I'll add in grains, gluten and legumes to see how they affect me. And down the road, I might do another Whole30. It's a great re-boot. 

YIIP: Day 87


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat