Monday, January 26, 2015

On Photography

From Above

I love photography and I'm always trying to get better at it. This year, one of my friends (Hi Fran!) reached out and told me about a 52 week challenge of Child Lifestyle Prompts on Audrey Ann Photography's site. I immediately decided to take this on as it fits perfectly into my love of photography, my love for my children and my desire to get better at photographing them. 

Laughter

There have been easy shots and OMG! WHY WON'T IT WORK shots. I've had great discussions with Scott about photo ideas. I've had some terrible shots and had to re-do them until my children turn into wild things and refuse to participate in my plans. 

Something We Do Together

One huge thing I've taken from this experience is that photographing children is hard work. I applaud all of those family photographers who get great shots of kids. I suspect they too take 1,000 shots to give their clients 20 good ones. Or maybe they are all just super awesome and don't take any duds. 

Molly on the Road to Home

You can follow my 52 week journey on Flickr. I'll be including more than just my final shots as I have some great outtakes already. I'm thinking of making a book at the end of the year to remember these times. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat