Friday, January 16, 2015

Whole30 Week 2 Round-Up

Untitled

As of last night, I'm halfway though Whole30 and I'm feeling strong. Scott and I were talking after dinner last night about Whole30 and we both mentioned how good we feel. We are more even-keel. We don't have any energy peaks or dips throughout the day. Our clothing is fitting a bit looser and while we haven't felt the tiger blood yet, we feel good.

Untitled

I braved a birthday party with delicious looking treats this past week but found a few things to snack on. There was fresh fruit and date-nut balls that fit right into the Whole30 diet. The cake looked delicious but I was able to avoid it because I wasn't hungry. Molly ate an extra bite for me and told me, "It is really good!"

Untitled

Next week is going to be our biggest challenge though. Scott is heading out of town and will be eating out. He feels ready for the challenge. I will be home with the girls and probably looking for wine by the end of the day. I'm planning to watch some trashy TV as my treat though.

Untitled

One thing I'm grateful for through this challenge is how I am keeping our food simple. No crazy recipes with a billion ingredients, just simple, good food. In fact, just last night, we had a friend of Scott's over for dinner and I made Salmon with a purchased (whole30) sauce, potatoes and broccoli. I kept it simple which meant the kitchen wasn't a mess, conversation was lovely and we kept to Whole30. 


Jenny On The Spot is doing another Whole30 and I really enjoyed reading her thoughts on the subject. This is my second Whole30 and the first time I've stuck with it. I don't feel deprived. I feel so energetic and alive which keeps me keeping to the guidelines. I am looking forward to that Tiger Blood though. When is that going to show up? 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat