Today is our final day on Whole30 and I'm ready for some cheese! I've come up with some delicious recipes along the way that will be staying with us after Whole30. One such one is this Roasted Vegetable Tomato Sauce which I've made three times in the last week.
I love the taste of the roasted vegetables simmered in a tasty tomato sauce. This recipe calls for some canned diced tomatoes and canned tomato sauce. If you are doing Whole30, it is super important to read your labels and make sure there are no non-compliant ingredients.
This is a great sauce for any paleo meatballs, meatloaf, fish or chicken. This would also be delicious over some pasta. This is also a easy and quick sauce to make which is perfect for those busy weekday dinners.
Roasted Vegetable Tomato Sauce
Prep Time: 45 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesKeywords: gluten-free6069913Ingredients (4 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 leek, whites only, chopped
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup roasted vegetables (sweet potatoes, beets, potatoes, carrots)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepperInstructions1. Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed dutch oven.2. Add garlic, leek and onion to pot and heat until onions soften, about 5 minutes.3. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, cherry tomatoes and slice mushrooms along with italian seasoning, roasted vegetables, salt and pepper to the pot.4. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20-30 minutes.5. Add salt and pepper to taste as needed. Serve over meatballs, fish or some other delicious protein.Powered by Recipage